Monday, February 25, 2008

Digital Post Processing: Kasumi Effect, Some help from Kokoro


After letting this post processing technique sit for a couple of days, I used a DOA Extreme wallpaper of Kokoro to try and refine the Kasumi Effect and add a lot more detail to the overall image. I don't like to keep experimenting on the same image because when I hit a wall, it's easier to break through it by applying the same process to a different image and compare the end results.

This process is getting a little more involved than I intended. It's more time consuming than what I wanted. But, I kind of like the effect, so I kept working on it. The image above links to a larger version that shows the detailing I worked on tonight.

There are still come hard edges in the Kokoro image that I don't like. But I'm pretty sure that's because I was working with CGI. I'm going to have to apply the process to an actual photograph now to see where the process really stands.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get that done and make an additional post. I'll spend the last few days of the month moving and it's no telling when Brighthouse will get around to getting my cable, Internet and phone up and running at my new apartment.


###

No comments: