Sunday, March 9, 2008

2008 Excursions Notes

Excursions Notes:
July 10, 2008:
I've been too busy the last three months that I haven't had much free time at all. Things are finally starting to slow down, so I should be able to get back to doing a lot more shooting. On the other hand, I've been drawing a lot late at night.

March 9, 2008:
I finally completed moving across town and have all my utilities and services finally transferred to my new address. I've nearly got everything unpacked and in place. I lost my notebook with my notes for The Colony and the development of the Kasumi Effect and spent four hours searching through boxes I didn't plan to unpack anytime soon. Then I remembered I put it in a hard-case with the photo gear I keep in the trunk of my car. Funny how you can put something where you won't lose it and forget where you put it.

But, I should get back to shooting a lot more now. The time has changed so I have a good two hours of daylight after work. Which opens up a lot of opportunity to shoot locally. It also gives me a more daylight when I make some road trips. I may go up toward Birmingham and Oak Mountain State Park this weekend. I may leave about mid-day on Saturday and come back late Sunday afternoon.

I'm glad I really put my cameras away for the last couple of months of 2007. That break allowed me to get out of the bad habits I developed from being overworked in my last job. I've started thinking creatively again, learned a lot from studying message boards and I'm seeing things differently again. Its time to start putting things together.

February 28, 2008
I'm getting about an hour of good light after work now. But, I'm going to move over the next few days, so I've been busy packing and that's taking up a lot of time. I hope to get back to doing a little more exploring in early- to mid-March. It'll take me a week or so to get settled in and get everything unpacked and in place. It'll also probably take that long for the lame-ass customer support from Brighthouse to get my cable/Internet/phone hooked up at my new address. Their customer service sucks. Period.

January 12, 2008
The days are finally starting to get a little longer, so I have some daylight after I get off work at 5 p.m. Central. The majority of my photography excursions will amount to a scouting trip. I need to do a lot of exploring and a lot of waiting for the right time and conditions before taking photographs. Familiarity with the area will help me do that.


###

No comments: