Thursday, July 10, 2008

FFX2 Yuna - Gunner



The Final Fantasy X2 outfits were exceptionally difficult to reproduce. The level of detail in them took a great deal of time to reproduce. There were also a tremendous amount of textures that I had to build to capture all of the detail.

I've seen a lot of variations of this outfit in Second Life, and I honestly think this is the most accurate rendition of the Yuna Gunner Dresssphere Costume in the simulation. The most problematic detail in the whole costume was that Yuna's character has different colored eyes. I had to texture a blue and green eyeball then, map that onto a hollow half-sphere prim and attach them to the avatar eyeballs. That was tedious work.

I want to do Yuna's Dark Knight Dressphere Costume as well, but that is going to a take a while to build. I don't even want to think about the number of prims it will take to make that suit of armor.

No comments: